Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It took me 40 minutes to copy a driver file from XP to a Vista machine

And I never got the file transferred

The details...
I needed to copy a driver file for a USB device I have from my xp machine to my vista machine.

  1. i cant find a single memory stick.
  2. i try to email it to myself.
  3. gmail wont let me because it is an executable
  4. i rename it to a .txt file and email it. gmail is too stupid to know it is really an .exe
  5. I am reminded that Obama really wants moms to return to school
  6. i go to vista and download the file but i dont see the extension so i cant change it from .txt to .zip.
  7. i dont know how to set vista to show extensions
  8. i go back to XP and use a CF card (as a thumb drive)to copy the files.
  9. i go to vista and it wont recognize the cf card.
  10. i go back to xp and use yahoo to xfer the file
  11. I go back to vista, open yahoo email and dont see the file.
  12. I realize i did not even have the correct device plugged in.
  13. I plug in the correct device that i need the driver for.
The driver installs normally.

I pretty much hate everything right now. I have little life left and i just wasted 40 minutes of it because of the despicable morons in Redmond. i hope microsoft goes out of business and steve balmer commits suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment